How are you going into the New Year as a Migraine Warrior?
New Year’s Resolutions for a Migraine Warrior
- I will be kind to myself and rest when my body says I need to – yes, really!!
- I will let go of guilt for the things I can’t do, places I can’t go, & people I can’t see – this is not my fault
- I will better count the cost for the things I decide to do that are priorities, and plan enough REST & RECOVERY time afterwards – when my body cries out “stop” it’s time to listen
- I will try & find something positive every single day – even if it’s just one small thing
- I will pick myself up off the floor every time I fall down & be proud of myself for not giving up
- I will ask for help when I need it, being honest about how I’m doing – learning to speak up
- I will stop looking back at the “lost dreams” & things that “once were”, but look ahead to the possibilities of tomorrow – mindful refocussing
- I will keep seeking ways to put the pain to purpose – I will not let it go to waste
- I will laugh whenever I can – laughter is good for the soul
- I will be kind to others, even when I don’t understand or like the things they say or do – kindness is a precious gift
- I will NOT give up in the face of this “new normal,” & will approach my life with courage & honesty, always reminding myself that there is hope!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.