Migraine is a complex neurological disease that presents itself on a wide spectrum of symptoms, severity, frequency, attack triggers, and responses to treatment. Those of us with migraine often put on a mask of hope and wear smiles to hide our pain. But the real face of migraine paints a very different picture. It's one of lost time, constant worrying, financial hardship, exhaustion, unpredictable pain, and the list goes on.
The Migraine Behind the Mask project seeks to show the reality of migraine disease and its often devastating impact on lives. Together we can come out from the shadows, show what this disease really does to our lives, and in so doing - reveal our true strength.
Participate in Our 2023 Project
Migraine Behind the Mask runs every year during the month of June, which is Migraine and Headache Awareness Month (MHAM). This year's MHAM theme is: Educate Ourselves - Educate Others and we are looking for people with migraine who would like to participate and help us raise awareness about migraine. If you are interested or would like to know more, please contact us with the following information no later than April 30, 2023, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a photo of yourself either healthy/active OR having a migraine attack/treatment for migraine
- Include a SHORT quote that is something you want others to know about migraine (max 15 words)
- Send photos and quotes to: email@example.com
- Deadline for photos and quotes: April 30
- Photos and quotes will be made into social media posts and shared across our channels
- A selection of the photos and quotes submitted will be included in our annual Migraine Behind the Mask video
- A photo release will be emailed to participants
Watch Our Latest Videos
Behind the mask that so many people with migraine wear due to lack of public awareness and stigma, are the lives of real people. Real dreams and real hopes which are radically impacted by a real disability. Watch our Migraine Behind the Mask videos and then share them to help raise awareness about this disease!